February 13, 2016
Romancing the Riesling
It's a love affair!
Save the date!
Saturday, February 13, 2016
This annual event celebrates Riesling, one of the varietals for which our wine region is most celebrated. Each winery pairs favorite Rieslings with a delectable food offering – all in honor of the famed grape. Fair warning: It may get a little lovey dovey – WOMP fans are crazy about their Rieslings!
Tickets are on sale online and are $20 in advance (plus processing). If available, tickets will be on sale the day of for $25 each.
Enjoy Rieslings expertly paired with delectable treats:
- 2 Lads Winery: 2013 Late Harvest Riesling - Fouch Vineyard & Key lime tartlets
- Black Star Farms: 2012 Arcturos Riesling &Roquefort walnut cheesecake with apples and grapes
- Bowers Harbor Vineyards: 2014 Riesling Medium Dry / 2014 Riesling Medium Sweet & their popular chocolate fountain with pound cake and fresh fruit
- Brys Estate: 2014 Riesling & curried carrot soup
- Chateau Chantal: 2014 Late Harvest Riesling & bleu cheese and granny smith empanadas
- Chateau Grand Traverse: 2013 Dry Riesling, 2014 Semi-Dry Riesling, or 2014 Late Harvest Riesling & Sweet Tart Morsel: lemon curd with cream cheese tart crust, lemon frosting, and fresh lemon zest
- Peninsula Cellars: Old School White or Hot Rod Cherry & Aunt B's Cakes and Desserts's tart, cherry-filled, mini almond cupcakes with fresh berries
Peninsula restaurants and retailers will also be offering event specials! Please call 231.223.7355 with any specific event questions.
Spread the love! During the event, use #WOMPRomance when sharing your posts, photos, and videos of this festive event on your social media, and you could win WOMP swag!
Please note: Hawthorne Vineyards is closed for this event.